GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Smoothing method in class Kalman
Re: inheritance in C++ important question [message #8085 is a reply to message #8084] Mon, 16 March 2009 15:39 Go to previous message
Aleksandra Wronska is currently offline  Aleksandra Wronska
continuous participant
Dear Christian,

the result of your example is what I would expect. This is how the virtuality mechanism works, isn't it? So if you want always to have the functions of daughter classes executed, even after casting to mother class, why don't you make these functions virtual? I am not getting your point...

Concerning the PndSttRecoHit and PndDchRecoHit2, there was a discussion how to solve it in the forum some weeks ago. The hits are very similar and originally I even derived my dch hit from stt one, but for tidyness and dependency reasons we separated it, keeping the common WirepointHitPoilicy in the genfit directory.

However, there are tiny but important differences in the detPlane(...) functions of those classes, so these functions have to be reimplemented in the dch and stt reco hits. As for the getDetPlane(...), I think we can remove it from our classes (Lia and Susanna, correct me if I am wrong). Is this what you meant?

cheers,
ola

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message