GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8080] Mon, 16 March 2009 13:55 Go to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: 141.39.167*
Hi,

when I replied to Ola's thread, I stumbled over something... In the wirepoint policy, the detPlane method is not implemented. But if you inherit from RecoHitIfc<WirePointHitPolicy> you should implement, hot to get the detPlane in this place. I know it is again virtual in RecoHitIfc, and indeed you implement this feature in PndSttRecohit. But this is not the idea of genfit. If someone else wants to use you policy, he has to reimplement this code, which is of course the only complicated code for a wire hit.
If you put the code to WirepointHitPolicy::detPlane(), and dont further overwrite it in PndSttRecoHit, it will be called through RecoHitIfc (please have a look at the tiny file genfit/RecoHitIfc.h).

So, could you please change that? Or is there a problem here I overlooked. If it is changed in all file, I would like to make this method in RecoHitIfc non-virtual, to avoid these situations in the future.

Cheers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message