GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Question on GeaneTrackRep.
Re: Question on GeaneTrackRep. [message #8025 is a reply to message #8023] Tue, 10 March 2009 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Quote:

You have a DetPlane in which the track parameters are defined. So, if you have to extrapolate to another plane, you can determine whether you need to propagate the track forwards or backwards. With a plane with a defined orientation and the spu parameter the direction is fully defined. Am I missing something here?

Ok, if you have a plane with a defined orientation and the spu parameter you have the momentum direction fully defined (I agree), but this does not define if you are propagating forward or backward (you decide it yourself).
This is what I mean: spu is connected to the momentum direction in the plane frame and not to the extrapolation direction (fwd or bwd) along the track... with the same spu you can go forward or backward.

I understand you would use the information on the momentum direction to decide whether to go forward or backward (is this correct?), but, as I said, I think this should be decided a priori and not "hit by hit"...

Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message