GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Segmentation Violation when simulating events with run_sim1.C
Re: Segmentation Violation when simulating events with run_sim1.C [message #7842 is a reply to message #7836] Thu, 05 February 2009 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marius Mertens is currently offline  Marius Mertens
continuous participant
Hi Stefano, thanks a lot for your input, I did some more tests throughout the day...

Stefano Spataro wrote on Thu, 05 February 2009 09:59

First suspect point:
In your system you do not have openGL and/or motiv libraries. Then your geant4 was not compiled with them and it has not created libG4OpenGL. I think (and hope) this should not affect the analysis.
To solve this, you should install opengl/motif in your computer, than rebuild (first you have to clean it) geant4 and g4vmc.

Unfortunately, I cannot do this independently on my PC. I brought up this issue with our administrator, so he will have to help us there.

Second suspect point:
This has to be investigated. I think this is not safe.

I (think that I) have fixed this locally now. Unfortunately, the symptoms are still the same Sad

Third suspect point:
You have "particular" geant4 configurations, "QGSP_BERT_EMV" physics lists and options "stepLimiter+specialCuts+specialControls". Do you really need them? They could be sources of errors.
You could try the standard and tested one in your gconfig/g4Config.C, "QGSP" (or "emStandard" to not use hadronic processes) as physics list, and no options after (no step limiter and so on).

This one puzzles me a bit. I'm not aware of having set anything special. How can I make sure that only the configuration you mentioned applies and nothing else will interfere with it?

Another test could be done by using geant3, to understand if it is related only to g4 code or even to g3.

Unfortunately, even with removing the testparams.root before each run, also a Geant3 based simulation crashes after some 100 events.

Toggle Spoiler

In each case, maybe the error could be related to vmc options that were never tested (at least they were never tested by us with our code). Let's try

Alright, I won't be on site until Monday, but then I'll be ready for running some more tests Wink

Marius

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message