GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » B field scaling for PANDA
Re: B field scaling for PANDA [message #7794 is a reply to message #7792] Mon, 02 February 2009 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Aleksandra Wronska is currently offline  Aleksandra Wronska
continuous participant
Dear all,

I think Lars's proposal is reasonable. Thus, whatever dipole currents they correspond to, we would like to have Dipole and Trans maps for the beam momenta listed by Lars.

Concerning the representation of the beam momentum and B field in our data I see the following aspects:

1) most likely, in real experiment we will run with the fixed beam momentum and fixed beam quality (spreads in p and x,y). Beam momentum is directly related to the dipole B-field, which we should probably set once for the whole simulation, i.e. load the field maps once. Thus I think those numbers, along with the target mass, belong to the RunInfo.

2) on the other hand in every event we can have some spatial offsets (measured in the experiment on the pellet basis or set in the simulations). Those offsets clearly belong to the EventInfo.

3)-MINOR I can also imagine that at some point PANDA will start measurments "on ramping", with changing beam momentum and dipole field. The question is, however, if we want to prepare PandaRoot to simulate such runs or we think about it when there is a need for that Wink

cheers,
ola

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message