GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Bug fix in PndEmcMakeBump.cxx
Re: Changelog bookeeping [message #7786 is a reply to message #7782] Sun, 01 February 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

I would support the line of thoughts of Florian, e.g.

1) try to provide as accurate comments while committing your changes. I know this is not easy and asks for some discipline (...and, ouch!, I am certainly not the best example of this!). And with "trac", one even gets an effective overview as far as I understand......

2) The forum can also be used to inform about changes. Here, I would not submit all the changes, but primarily inform about really major changes or additions to the code, e.g. to tell that new features are added, etc.

3) Concerning the branches: Indeed, for the trunk it is not required to follow QA, but to be able to compile and link. If you require more, please use the "stable" branch, which - at the moment - is not really used and outdated.

4) The package manager should know about what is going on in the part of the code which he/she is managing... (Stefano's comment!)

Greetings,

Johan.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 February 2009 13:34]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message