GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Bug fix in PndEmcMakeBump.cxx
Re: Changelog bookeeping [message #7782 is a reply to message #7781] Fri, 30 January 2009 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi

Please wait some time. In principle all you ask for is available within trac. We wait for the update here at GSI.

Now some comments to the previous posts.

Quote:

the svn comments are fine, but the normal developer/user does not read svn usually, only when he finds some troubles.

Maybe then the normal developer should not use the trunk version but the stable version. The trunk version is not thought to be stable all the time. If one uses the trunk version one has to take care at least a little bit.

Quote:

you are completely right that one should to use svn comments. And in addition it would be also very helpful to announce "all" changes in the forum with a brief description what has been changed

Here i disagree. First of all you're flooded with thousands of meaningless topics which say "Changed variable B from int to double" if you realy require this. I agree that a major change of the code should be made public somewhere that the people are aware of, but definetly not all changes. The other point i want to make is that if people don't write meaningfull svn comments they will not write a topic for the forum. It would help much more if you would have a good comment.

If you want to see all the last changes go to

https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk

and click on Revison log in the upper right corner. Her you see all revisions with the svn log.

Ciao

Florian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message