GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » B field scaling for PANDA
Re: B field scaling for PANDA [message #7771 is a reply to message #7769] Thu, 29 January 2009 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hallo Ola,

At the moment, each field map has a scale factor which can be set in the ASCII file, and I will provide a set method or additional parameter in the ctor to scale the existing map by a factor, So this is not a problem!

Quote:

3) TransMap - with which I have actually a problem, because this is a summed up fringe field of the dipole (which scales) and the solenoid (which is constant). Thus, the best solution that I see here is to have several maps for this region generated for different beam momenta (i.e. different dipole fields) such, that one can make reasonable interpolation between them to the simulated beam momentum.

As far as I know this can only be done on TOSCA level, the maps that I get where generated with both Solenoid and Dipole together, and then exported as single files, So here we should contact Lars and Jost if this is possible within few days from now!

about the beam momenta, does it have any other use here except the correlation with the scale of the map? and what about having this as a run parameter? I am planning to add a RunInfo class which should hold all run parameters (cuts, processes, event generators and so on! )
do you think it will be enough to have it there?

regards

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message