GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » user rights for svn and software release tools
user rights for svn and software release tools [message #7729] Thu, 22 January 2009 15:39 Go to previous message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Hi all,
I have now heard about the policy for the usage of the svn. One point is that specific directories like base, geobase, etc. are shared by a couple of experiments like Panda, Cbm and Hades. For these parts only the FairRoot IT goup is allowed to modify something. This is absolutely understandable since this is the core for the individual experiments and one has to ensure that this part works properly for everybody. On the other hand I think that this could also be an obstacle for development of the panda code. If you would like to modify or add new classes, it needs some time to check whether everything fulfills the requirements.
Therefore I would propose to introduce a layer below the FairRoot base directories, e.g. PndBase, where one can implement panda specific base classes. Such a directory should have write permissions for the Panda developer. What is your opinion? Does it make sense to introduce such a directory?
With regard to this I have another question: Can somebody tell me the procedure how the files "CMakeLists.txt, Makefile.am and xyzLinkDef.h" will be created. Are there automated scipts available which create these make- and depencency-files.

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,
Bertram.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Logo for PandaRoot
Next Topic: How to treat real detector data?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:32:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01136 seconds