GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Revised CbmGeaneUtil, CbmGeanePro and CbmTrackParP.
Re: Revised CbmGeaneUtil, CbmGeanePro and CbmTrackParP. [message #6892 is a reply to message #6876] Tue, 10 June 2008 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
Messages: 291
Registered: May 2007
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *pv.infn.it
Hi Sebastian,
I think the problem might be in the Kalman calculation since q/p is used instead of 1/p as first parameter. I say this because using the mu+ in the runDemo.C I get good results. I tried changing the Kalman.cxx code in order to use 1/p (I attach here the changed file, if you search for the word CHECK you' ll find my changes) and it seems to me that it works for both negative and positive particles. Please check if it works also for you and if yes I think that the covariance change of sign is not a problem (I checked more accurately and also in STT it happens sometimes).
Please let me know!
Ciao,
Lia.
  • Attachment: Kalman.cxx
    (Size: 11.73KB, Downloaded 317 times)
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Revised genfit
Next Topic: floating point exception in geane
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 18 17:29:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00955 seconds