GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Revised CbmGeaneUtil, CbmGeanePro and CbmTrackParP.
Re: Revised CbmGeaneUtil, CbmGeanePro and CbmTrackParP. [message #6861 is a reply to message #6857] Mon, 09 June 2008 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Hi Lia!

I am working on an update for genfit and I have not checked in things (because it will effect some packages I have no access to). So unfortunately I cannot supply you with the exact version of the macro I am using (recotasks/demo/runDemo.C).

I will check in my stuff in the next days, but I would like to clarify this point before if possible.

The change in sign happens during the extrapolation after I have updated the covariance matrix in the previous Kalman step.

Could it be that I produce ill-conditioned covariances in the update step? Have you ever seen anything like that?

Let me point out that this happens for all tracks in my example - it is not a very special case.

I will also try some more things but maybe you have an idea what could be problematic about the covariances...

Cheers!
Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message