GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » GSI Forum » Forum Feature Requests/General Discussion » Email notification settings poll
icon4.gif  Email notification settings poll [message #6529] Fri, 18 April 2008 13:49
Christopher Huhn is currently offline  Christopher Huhn
continuous participant
super-utilisateur

All new message notification[ 28 votes ]
1. I'd like to receive email about every new message in the fora I subscribed to. 10 / 36%
2. I already get enough emails and want to receive notifications only for newly started topics 14 / 50%
3. I don't care 4 / 14%

Dear GSI forum community,

recently there were complaints about missed discussions due to the fact that FUDforum does not notify about all messages (some) forum participants would like to be informed about.

Anyhow there's a side-wide configuration option (i.e. can only be applied for all users and all fora) that would exactly do the desired: It will send email notifications for each new message to the forum subscribers. This does not apply to subscriptions to single topics or notifications about replies to own posts that will be handeled as usual.

Anyhow there are also worries about bursting mailboxes, so here's a poll to let the GSI forum community on its own.
See http://forum.gsi.de/index.php?t=rview&th=1869&rid=3 for the discussion so far.

The poll will be open for one month, afterwards the decision will be implemented.

Kind regards,
Christopher

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2008 13:56]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon4.gif
Previous Topic: GEANT4 Visualization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:15:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00979 seconds