GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Problems with GEANE and trackbase
Re: Problems with GEANE and trackbase [message #6299 is a reply to message #6294] Tue, 08 April 2008 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Sebastian,
I don' t know if I understood well the problem, but first of all a remark on the SP system: the SP system is only a particular case of the SD system, which can be used when the detector planes are placed perpendicularly to the x-axis. Please note that here in the GEANE classes we never use the SP system, but only the SD (CbmTrackParP) and the SC (CbmTrackParH).

Concerning the inconsistency you are talking about: is it the fact that in CbmTrackParP, where the frame is (u,v,w), the plane is spanned by v and w, while in DetPlane where the frame is (x, y, z) it is spanned by x and y?
Actually I think that this would not be so dangerous if we are aware about it and treat carefully the transition from DetPlane to CbmTrackParP and vice-versa...

In GEANE it has been chosen this description for the SD just to keep the old fortran GEANE one and to be able to rewrite in C++ the fortran routines (see CbmGeaneUtil) without the need to rewrite all the mathematics!

Please let me know if I completely misunderstood your mail Rolling Eyes

Lia.

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message