GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Problem with PndSttHitProducerIdeal
Re: Problem with PndSttHitProducerIdeal [message #5829 is a reply to message #5786] Thu, 07 February 2008 10:27 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi all,
I have been able (finally) to reproduce the error on another computer, and I see the crash at event 175 like you Ralf (I used your simulated file).
I tried to understand the bug source: in the hit producer two TClonesArray (fHitArray and fHitInfoArray) are created and registered to output; I saw that commenting out one of the two lines where the "new" is called, I mean:
the line: hit = new ((*fHitArray)[counter]) PndSttHit(detID, pos, dpos, iPoint, 0, closestDistance, closestDistanceError, wireDirection);
or the line: new ((*fHitInfoArray)[counter]) PndSttHitInfo(0, 0, trackID, iPoint, 0, kFALSE);
the bug disappears, but actually I don' t know what does this mean, does anyone have any idea?
It should not be due to a memory leak (I have been able to digitize an event with 170 hits, so 83 should not create problems), but I don' t know...
I checked the code, but I can' t find the actual error Sad
So this is my idea: I would suggest to wait and see if the bug will appear again with a future ROOT version (when we will update it: maybe it is connected with this version and it will disappear (I really hope so).
For the moment let' s keep the workaround of the seed changing. What do you think?
Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message