GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » riemann track finding
Re: riemann track finding [message #5815 is a reply to message #5814] Tue, 05 February 2008 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Quote:

If you have a base class for the points, you do not have to care about which kind of detector is giving you a point (and use its Get functions). You take an object of (CbmHit*) kind whatever detector is providing you this information.

Especially for the Pattern Recognition it matters which detector gave you the point. I would guess that for most detectors the pattern recognition will rely heavily on the specific features of that detector which might even include a special coordinate system. There are few detectors which really measure space points!

Quote:

I can agree, but one should provide a standard for all kinds of possible algorythms that should be implemented for pattern recognition. Maybe in the future one could need even the error (size of the cluster? size of the mvd strip? size of the straw tube?) for pattern recognition.

I perfectly agree! Error treatment is one of the things we want to add next. So a simple TVector3 is not sufficient. Concerning the connection with the McTruth this is more complicated as we havee already discussed on a few occasions.
In a full treatment you cannot make a bijective mapping of reconstructed hits to Monte Carlo hits.

Cheers! Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message