GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » riemann track finding
Re: riemann track finding [message #5814 is a reply to message #5813] Tue, 05 February 2008 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Quote:

1) I simply do not understand why we need a standard hit. Maybe you can explain.

If you have a base class for the points, you do not have to care about which kind of detector is giving you a point (and use its Get functions). You take an object of (CbmHit*) kind whatever detector is providing you this information.

Quote:

2) If we talk about errors, this makes only sense if we have an error MATRIX. And we agreed that the object that is to be used for such kinds of applications is the RecoHit of genfit!

I can agree, but one should provide a standard for all kinds of possible algorythms that should be implemented for pattern recognition. Maybe in the future one could need even the error (size of the cluster? size of the mvd strip? size of the straw tube?) for pattern recognition.

Quote:

3) That CbmHit is A KIND OF TVector3 is exactly what I do not like. Would it use the TVector3 as a member directly one would have access to all the nice features of TVector3 for example in a Draw-Command. Anyway CbmHit can calculate a TVector3 with the Position method, so why not make a member variable of type TVector3 instead of three doubles??

The TVector3 has nothing that links the points to the track (or detector hit) that has produced them. So when you want to evaluate efficiency/purity a simple TVector3 is maybe too much simple, and does not help you. The CbmHit has more space inside, and it contains even the TVector3, so you have already all its features by a simple Get function.

But this is just my opinion.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message