GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » emc data flow diagram
Re: emc data flow diagram [message #5365 is a reply to message #5350] Tue, 06 November 2007 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Hi Dima,

as no emc expert replied, I would like to say that I think that an empty PndEmcBump to PndEmcRecoHit convertor for now is a good idea. I think we will postpone the release 2.0 for a few more days, maybe until the weekend, so there is still some time and maybe you can try. There are many things to think about, and maybe some things even have to be discussed on the next evo meeting, so a few days is not a problem, I think. Many people will be at GSI tomorrow, so we will try to talk to Mohammad and Florian to see, what they think.

So why do I think that the empty convertor is sufficient for now? As far as I can see it is easy to get the bump positions (e.g. TVector3 v1 in macro/emc/bump_analys.C). So if it turns out in the next few weeks that the energy and coordinate correction is absolutely needed immediately (I still think that at first we would have to check the g4 vs. g3 comparison again _before_ any applied correction which - expressed in a simplified way - "pushes" the cluster energy where we want to) then it seems that it is not so difficult to implement a preliminary correction (just for checking) not as a task, but just as a few lines into the macro bump_analys.C. Would you agree?

best regards, -- Soeren

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: bump position
Next Topic: EMC small updates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:15:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01113 seconds