GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Monte Carlo Access
Re: Monte Carlo Access [message #4238 is a reply to message #4237] Tue, 15 May 2007 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hello,

I think MC stuff is not so easy as it could appear.
As example, let's consider that your track is made by 20 points, and of course each point will have a MC id (so pid, p theta, and so on). And you wantt to store this info inside your track.

The id could be the same, but some points could come from different tracks (fake? wrong pattern recognition? noise?).

So what now, you give one MC id to your track (which is not correct, because your tracks is made by several particles, so you will have problems in computing purity efficiency and so on), or you store the MC id for all the points that contribute to the track (so 20 MC id).

You can see that both the options are not so good, with the first you loose informations, with the second you duplicate your MC id.

I think with the index to MCtrack you do not lose information, you store only one integer per point, and after you can start to elaborate algorythm to identify the real id of the particle without modifying what is streamed inside your track object.

This is only my personal point of view, I could be wrong

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic: Geane interface in PandaRoot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:58:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00964 seconds