GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Alice » Alice TRD chamber construction » Material Status  () 1 Vote
Re: Material Status: Materials Database [message #346 is a reply to message #345] Wed, 21 April 2004 13:15 Go to previous message
Clemens Adler is currently offline  Clemens Adler
continuous participant
Dear all,
Peter Glaessel was so kind to provide a database, to keep an inventory of all parts of the TRD (especially the important ones with numbers, e.g. Radiators, Backpanels, Padplanes etc.).
This database should also be used to keep track of where the parts are going, e.g. a Radiator is shipped from Muenster to GSI, then to Dubna. This requires that it is sent off, and received. Therefore we will be able to know where everything is at any point in time (which becomes more and more important as we get more an more material).

The database is located at:
http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/cgi-bin/trd/access.pl
it is accessed with a web browser. There is a name and password required to log in (more to prevent unauthorised modifications of the data, than to prevent peaple from viewing).
I suggest that for each production site there is one responsible person who takes over the job of entering information. I would think it should be the same people that Harry suggested as responsible for checking this Forum on a regular basis, that should be responsible for keeping the material status up to date. In any case every action (i.e. entry or change) in the DB will be recorded with the name who is logged in and making those changes.
Detailed instructions on how to use the DB are supplied when you log in under the "Explanations" link at the top of the page.

For passwords please contact Peter (glassel@physi.uni-heidelberg.de).

cheers,
Clemens

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Gluing table modification
Next Topic: Cathode Wire Quality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:44:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01070 seconds