GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » GLAD magnetic field (When GLAD is added to the simulation, the magnetic field deforms)
Re: GLAD magnetic field [message #19547 is a reply to message #19546] Wed, 14 September 2016 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
Dear Ralf,

I also noticed this problem when running simulations with the GLAD vacuum chamber. Since the field is not completely aligned,
I was unable to send ions through the center of the pipe (they can fly through without hitting the wall, but their path cannot be completely aligned with the pipe).
My guess would be that the center point of the field should be the intersection of the pipe axis with the z-axis.
However, it is not clear to me where the pipe axis should be. The macro I included will produce the correct orientation of
the chamber, but not necessarily the right global position. This is because the global position depends on the position of GLAD. But
the position and orientation of GLAD as it is today overlaps with CALIFA and will not connect to the chamber properly...
So may I suggest to solve orientation & position of the GLAD geometry should first? Then the chamber can interfaced with it, giving
us the right location of the pipe axis and hence the right centerpoint of the field.

Christiaan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message