GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » General Discussions » How does the IsElastic-function in the NeutronTracker2D work? (How does the IsElastic-function in the NeutronTracker2D work?)
Re: How does the IsElastic-function in the NeutronTracker2D work? [message #19534 is a reply to message #19457] Mon, 12 September 2016 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Quote:
Can you explain to me how the IsElastic-function in the NeyutronTracker works?

Imagine a neutron did elastic scattering first, and after certain path next interaction. After elastic scattering we have a cluster created by the knocked-out proton, and an arbitrary cluster from second interaction. The goal of this IsElastic function is to eliminate the second cluster, in order that it is not considered as a candidate for first interaction of an incident neutron. By combining start position and angle of one cluster and start position of another, we can decide (based on kinematics), that both were created by the products of the same neutron.

Quote:
In particular I am interested in how this function can be modified to also test for particles that do not come in straight.

The best is to ask Michael Heil, he is the author of this code. But I can hardly imagine such a restriction in the function.

Best regards,
Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Installation of 'root'
Next Topic: Experimental verification of the Geant4 physics list for S438
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:59:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01130 seconds