GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » Question on R3BNeutronTracker2D (Question on R3BNeutronTracker2D)
Re: Question on R3BNeutronTracker2D [message #19369 is a reply to message #19362] Mon, 11 July 2016 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
Dear Mr. Kresan,

I found the source of the problem concerning the beta test. The beta test works fine exactly as you designed it.
However, in my specific case the beam starts 4 meters behind the target. This causes that the collision at the target
does not happen at t=0. When beta is then computed as

beta = cluster->GetZ()/(cluster->GetT()*c);

the time requested by cluster->GetT() is the TOF between the target and NeuLAND plus the time between the beam starting point
and the target. But beta should of course be computed as

beta = cluster->GetZ()/(TOF*c);

where TOF is only the time between the cluster startpoint and the target collision.

I modified this in the neutron tracker. I also changed the beta definitions (and other similar pieces of code) to:

beta = TMath::Sqrt(cluster->GetZ()*cluster->GetZ() + cluster->GetY()*cluster->GetY() + cluster->GetX()*cluster->GetX())/(TOF*c);

so that the neutron tracker is now fully invariant under rotations etc. of the detector (relevant to simulate the EOS experiment of Igor, for example).

NOTE: the io-system of the tracker that I added here is still designed to work only for my own simulations.

Christiaan.

PS: I also noticed that the tracker still does not work with the R3B Neuland-class, only with the land-class. Is there a possibility to fix this?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tracking energy cut
Next Topic: Tracks on Event Display