GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » Question on R3BNeutronTracker2D (Question on R3BNeutronTracker2D)
Re: Question on R3BNeutronTracker2D [message #19366 is a reply to message #19365] Thu, 07 July 2016 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
If I manually add signal neutrons, I cannot observe the realistic case.
Both the probability for a reaction and the probability for background from the unreacted beam are small and
of comparable size. This is why the background causes trouble. If I manually add signal neutrons
to the unreacted beam, the suddenly the signals are so much stronger then the background that the VETO does
more harm then good: if I have for example 0.5% background and 1.5% of the neutrons is detected by the VETO, the VETO will
never help us. But if I have 0.5% background and 0.5% neutrons, then the VETO only blocks 1.5% of 0.5%. Then it might work.

This is also the reason why I asked you about the TGeant4 physics list. I need to really produce the neutrons from a simulated
reaction and I need to take the unreacted beam along to produce the background. And according to Ken Miki, TGeant3 cannot
do this target collisions.

But when I do add these signal neutrons, the tracker works fine, also with the beta test.

Christiaan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tracking energy cut