GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » How to distinguish between STT hits in barrel part and forward tracker?
Re: How to distinguish between STT hits in barrel part and forward tracker? [message #19343 is a reply to message #19183] Wed, 22 June 2016 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jennifer Pütz is currently offline  Jennifer Pütz
continuous participant
Hi everyone,

some time ago I had the question how to distinguish between STTHits and FTS Hits. I still have this problem.

I simulated 100 piminus with boxgenerator using a theta range of [6 .. 9] degrees and a momentum range of p=[0.1 .. 0.7] GeV/c. (This momentum range corresponds to the momentum range of the pions produced in my channel pbar p → Xi(1820) anti-Xi @ 4.6 GeV/c.)
For the reconstruction, I used ideal PR with the condition of more than 3 hits in MVD, STT or GEM and ideal PID.

Nearly all events are looking like the one shown in the picture below.
index.php?t=getfile&id=8699&private=0

The blue squares denote the MVD hits, the red squares are the GEM hits and the pink squares are the FTS hits. As you can see, there are no hits in the STT.
The next pictures show the number of hits in the MVD, STT and GEM detector for the reconstructed particle (looking at the same Evt).

index.php?t=getfile&id=8704&private=0 index.php?t=getfile&id=8705&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=8703&private=0

And here you can see, that there are counted STT hits.

This means, that the selection criterion I mentioned above does not work because this pion would not be discarded.
At the moment, there is no chance for me to switch to a realistic PR.

Best regards,

Jenny

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: electron reconstruction in pandaroot
Next Topic: Bug fixed in PndKinFitter read-in covariance matrix
Goto Forum: