GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » Regarding Geant3 folder of FairSoft (Crash in running the macros to check whether PandaRoot installation was good or not)
Regarding Geant3 folder of FairSoft [message #19104] Mon, 29 February 2016 19:03 Go to previous message
Dave is currently offline  Dave
continuous participant
Hi,
I was following and have completed all the Fairsoft, Fairroot and Pandaroot parts of the wiki guide. But at the very end as a last step as recommended in the guide I tried to check whether the PandaRoot installation went fine or not. For that after launching config.sh I ran the macro sim_complete.C inside root, but it crashes. The console gives some error message, like:

[ERROR ] init() PndEmcGeoPar not initialized
Error in <FairRuntimeDb::initContainers()>: Error occured during initialization
Error: Symbol TGeant3TGeo is not defined in current scope /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/pandaroot/gconfig/g3Config.C: 12:
Error: type TGeant3TGeo not defined FILE:/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/pandaroot/gconfig/g3Conf ig.C LINE:12
*** Interpreter error recovered ***
Error: illegal pointer to class object gMC 0x0 2736 /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/pandaroot/gconfig/SetCuts.C:2 3:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

*** Break *** segmentation violation

===========================================================
There was a crash (#6 0xb719ef6b in SigHandler(ESignals) () from /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/lib/root/libCor e.so.5.34).

Can anyone please have any idea or suggestion how to fix this issue?
AS I encountered the problem previously even, I checked find $SIMPATH -name libgeant321*, which shows: /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/lib/libgeant321 .so

My output of configure.sh is:

System during compilation: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
i686
System now : Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
i686

I relaunched configure.sh after deleting the geant3 folder and followed by the trial of the running of the macro sim_complete.C as it might be the problem regarding geant3 as was suggested. But it still gives the same result, i.e the crash!

thanks and regards...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: External packages and Root 6 cling error
Next Topic: Problems in a fresh installation - pythia6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:14:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01070 seconds