GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Data Analysis » Data levels in R3Broot - suggestion
Re: Data levels in R3Broot - suggestion [message #18970 is a reply to message #18907] Wed, 03 February 2016 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ralf Plag is currently offline  Ralf Plag
continuous participant
Hi Hector and All,

I do understand what you mean. However, I'm trying to look at the project from an outsider's perspective. Meaning: I'm trying to "forget" everything I know about R3BRoot. And then I wouldn't have any idea what R3BCalifaCrystalCal is about. I probably would assume it is performing some calibration.

We just had a small internal discussion (Dima, Haik, me) and came to the following suggestions:

Converters should be called R3B[Detector][FromLevel][ToLevel], e.g. R3BCalifaCrystalMappedCal or maybe with a '2': R3BCalifaCrystalMapped2Cal

Data classes should be called R3B[Detector][Level]Data

Calibration parameters should be called R3B[Detector][Level]Par

I admit that the 'Data' is not strictly necessary but it nicely marks all classes of the same type, which makes reading code for newbies much easier.

We also decided to collect more ideas here up to Friday this week and then send around the final/best idea via email to the analysis mailing list to give everybody else the chance to raise their voice.

Cheers,
Ralf

[Updated on: Wed, 03 February 2016 13:22]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message