GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Data Analysis » Data levels in R3Broot - suggestion
Re: Data levels in R3Broot - suggestion [message #18968 is a reply to message #18907] Wed, 03 February 2016 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ralf Plag is currently offline  Ralf Plag
continuous participant
Hi All,

I want to strongly encourage using descriptive names. This makes life easier, especially for beginners, and we need as many people (aka beginners) as possible to work on R3BRoot.

And that's why I like the suffix "Item": It describes that the class holds ONLY ONE Item, as opposed of all MAPPED or CAL level data.
...and why I like Hector's suggestion to add an suffix to the converter classes. What about "Builder"? E.g. R3BTofHitBuilder?
...and why I don't like the names of the suggested intermediate levels precal1 and precal2 (or have that been only generic examples?) What is the difference between those two and between Cal?

And as already mentioned: Of course we need also other levels than MAPPED, CAL, HIT. My idea was the these three levels should be available for ALL detectors. Other levels can be always introduced in addition, as needed, although it would be fine if we could define at least some common names for those additional levels as well.

However we decide, we should decide fast since a lot of development is already ongoing. I'd like to set end of next week as deadline for the naming decision.

Cheers,
Ralf

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message