GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Installation and Compilation » error in dfcln.h with external packages (During compilation of FairSoft on Ubuntu 15 an error occurs when loading dfcln.h)
Re: error in dfcln.h with external packages [message #18847 is a reply to message #18845] Tue, 05 January 2016 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
Dear Mr. Kresan,

Compiling with ROOT 6 works. However, when I start ROOT 6 afterwards, I get a message that G__OPTIMIZE does not work. When I then try to declare a histogram or something, ROOT crashes.
Obtaining the complete output is however very difficult. Your command ./configure.sh > std.log 2> err.log
prevents me from entering the inputs that the script ./configure.sh requires, hence I cannot compile.

In order to solve this problem I removed Ubuntu 15 from my PC and installed Ubuntu 14 instead. This causes some clashes between Ubuntu and Windows 7
that do not occur with Ubuntu 15, but without FairRoot, Ubuntu has no purpose for me...
On Ubuntu 14 FairSoft and FairRoot compile succesfully (I used the newest versions).

However, when I try to compile R3BRoot afterwards, I get an error message that the ROOT dictonary could not be found. (See attachement, it contains the full output for R3BRoot).
Installation of the FairRoot project Template gives the same message. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!
Christiaan.
  • Attachment: R3Blog.txt
    (Size: 19.55KB, Downloaded 234 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message