GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] genfit2 update - bugs(?)
Re: genfit2 update - bugs(?) [message #18666 is a reply to message #18664] Fri, 06 November 2015 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano,

if people are saying that they find memory leak problems, I check every possibility. Then, it was not a bad idea to see what happens with different numIter, as I remember that this was source of troubles with genfit1 (otherwise, why is it forced to 1, in the old genfit)?

I do have in my development/branch only genfit2, as you know. This is how I performed every test since one year, simply because I prefer not to mix up things.
If every connection with genfit1 is excluded, no memory leak problems are seen at all. So, it is not /genfit2 or /GenfitTools generating troubles in pandaroot.

In the new trunk, up to 10 000 events, I did not see problems testing the channel Jpsi pi pi. But other people got it, with different decay channels.

In the new trunk, I do not know what was done. For sure, there are both, genfit and genfit2. Not my decision.
As I said before, what I can do is to set up the new release mar15 with only genfit2, and do my tests again. I do not want to mix up things, otherwise every debugging is difficult.

Remember that other 8 packages were slightly changed, when I had worked with genfit2. I can say what I did in /developmnet/genit2; I am not aware of development in other packages.

My best, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Cannot run sample macros
Next Topic: [FIXED] PandaRoot cmake error (genfit missing) with Fairsoft jul15p1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:13:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01384 seconds