GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] genfit2 update - bugs(?)
[FIXED] genfit2 update - bugs(?) [message #18598] Wed, 28 October 2015 18:05 Go to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I am performing some tests with genfit2, as some people tried and found memory leak problems.
The trunk that I am currently using is rev-28695, and OS Fedora19.

I simulated interactively 2000 events, using the standard /macro/run/*complete.C.

In the reco- macro, the number of iterations is set to 5 for both, barrel and fwd spectrometer.
I made sure to run genfit2, _not_ genfit.

Up to now, no problem is found with the simulation ppbar to Jpsi pi pi.
Be sure that memory and CPU consumption increase when increasing the number of iterations, to have make converge the fit. Anyway, 5 is still a reasonable number, and memory leak problems should not occur.
I am currently running 10 000 events, interactively. I will do the same using the standard genfit1, and make the comparison.
I will give you an update by tomorrow.

I see that in the committed revision of genfit2, the class WireMeasurement() is used. An update is WireMeasurementNew(), that was never tried. However, in a chat with authors today I understood that they refer to the class AbsMeasurement() without passing through WireMeaurement* classes. This has to be tried, before coming to conclusions.
The advantage is that it will give you is correct Jacobian entries related to energy loss, which as we all know is fairly important for slow particles.

I am doing my home-works...

Best regards, Elisabetta

[Updated on: Wed, 03 February 2016 23:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Cannot run sample macros
Next Topic: [FIXED] PandaRoot cmake error (genfit missing) with Fairsoft jul15p1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:33:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00612 seconds