GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » Info about NeuLAND simulations
Re: Info about NeuLAND simulations [message #18587 is a reply to message #18583] Tue, 27 October 2015 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jan Mayer is currently offline  Jan Mayer
occasional visitor
Hello,

I am also investigating the response of NeuLAND to charged particles. I will open a topic on this in the next days.

1) I use FairSoft@master, FairRoot@master, and r3broot@dev. Currently the changes to the tagged versions are not that big, and the changes to master are not that frequent. Currently I use Root5, but plan to switch to Root6, so I can write macros that suck less Smile.

4) That is a difficult topic. Some people have expressed some "distrust" in the Geant4 PhysicsLists principle, maybe because it does not depict the idea of there being "one real world physics".
Currently, all my simulations run with Geant3, however I need to rerun everything with Geant4 soon.

5) For Digitizing, I would shamelessly recommend my own R3BNeulandDigitizer (mind the small "L"), after this has been merged. Its results are similar to the R3BLandDigitizer, but you can actually understand what is does. And it is about 20 times faster. See also the thread on this topic. It includes a threshold setting, but you should not need to worry about that.
I cannot recommend any clustering/reconstruction task at the moment, but if you need something right now, have a look at the land scripts.

For Installation: It seems you are stuck at the very first step of installation. I have no experience with the automated script. It seems to interpret all your input as command to abort. Have you tried just pressing enter w/o input? Editing the script might help as well.

Manual installation is not all to difficult:

Do not install to system directories (no sudo!), environment variables are everything.

First, check your compiler
$gcc --version
must not be too old, gcc (GCC) 4.9.1 20140922 (Red Hat 4.9.1-10) or similar is fine. Most distributions have something called a "devtoolset", which provides non-stoneage versions.

Have a directory dedicated to holding all sources, builds and installation, lets call it /data/you/simulations/ (your Basepath)

git clone https://github.com/FairRootGroup/FairSoft.git FairSoft-src
cd FairSoft-src
./configure.sh

compiler=gcc
debug=no
optimize=yes
geant4_download_install_data_automatic=yes
geant4_install_data_from_dir=no
build_root6=
build_python=yes
install_sim=yes
SIMPATH_INSTALL=/data/you/simulations/FairSoft
platform=linux

If this works, clone and install FairSoft, e.g. using https://gist.github.com/janmayer/746246e9c7cce4816830 (carefully adjust paths!)
If that works, install r3broot.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 October 2015 18:21]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Some of LandFirstHits are empty - Neutrons simulation.
Next Topic: Problem with including targets in simulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:25:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00931 seconds