GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » Using Rho without MC info
icon5.gif  Using Rho without MC info [message #18401] Wed, 05 August 2015 16:33 Go to previous message
Marcel Tiemens is currently offline  Marcel Tiemens
continuous participant
Hello Rho experts,

In order to evaluate my clustering algorithm in the PandaRoot framework, I would like to analyse the reconstructed clusters with Rho. Basically, I want to reconstruct the parent particle(s). However, after running a macro (which is based on ana_complete.C in /macro/run/, but could very well be flawed as I am no Rho expert), I get the following error (a lot):

Error in <BuildMcCands>: MC track Array does not exist.

My interpretation of this is that it looks for MC truth information, which is not there because the current implementation of the timebased simulation for the EMC is not yet compatible with MC backprogation (Tobias is working on this I understood). The absence of this information is not such a big problem at this stage, however. To circumvent this issue, I would like Rho to just take the EmcClusters from the reco macro and basically treat these as photon candidates and then continue the analysis under this assumption. The question is, I don't really know how. I guess it should be relatively easy, but can anyone tell me?

Also, just to check, to reconstruct a neutral pion, I would need to run something like
pion.Combine(gamma,gamma);

, correct? Where "pion" and "gamma" are RhoCandLists. This part, concerning neutral particles, is not covered in the Rho tutorial, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: entries at unphysical mass after vertex fit
Next Topic: Panda target and vertex cuts