GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » FRS Calibration Issue
Re: FRS Calibration Issue [message #18253 is a reply to message #17956] Wed, 20 May 2015 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SMilne is currently offline  SMilne
continuous participant
Hi Liliana!

Hope you are well! I just wanted to ask you a question regarding the MhTDCs since it has been bugging me for a while and I've ignored it up until now and used TDCs in this case. Basically it seems something strange occurred during the 46Ti Coulex runs which doesn't appear to affect the other beam runs. The problem is during certain periods of the beam run, the Frs Id completely shifts to a different place, something I don't see using the TDCs (see attached "shifted-46Ti"). Whilst it is not restricted entirely to specific lmd files, it does mainly occur in runs 14,15,16,17,38 and 39, whereby the experiment started from run 14. The fact it reoccurred later is perhaps odd, but the shift as I've checked is the same in all these runs. One way I've tried to solve this issue (see attached "corrected-Id") is by creating a separate FRS calibration for these runs, calibrating the different blobs ToF in the shifted Id to those of the same blobs but in the correct position. Whilst this works, it is of course a hassle having to sort data with different FRS calibrations, plus as mentioned the issue is not purely restricted nicely within particular run files so still some shifted Id remains.

Are there any reasons which you can think of which might be causing this and if so can they can be solved or if my method above is the only way to deal with it?

Thanks,
Scott

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message