GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] Ideal Tracking Bugs(?) when using FairLinks
Re: Ideal Tracking Bugs(?) when using FairLinks [message #18213 is a reply to message #18211] Tue, 12 May 2015 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
André Zambanini is currently offline  André Zambanini
occasional visitor
What the GEM hit assignment is concerned, I tried to run with the newest PandaRoot version again. As it turns out, the old ideal track finder (PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal) seems to assign all GEM hits correctly now. I have tried ~20 events and the assignment problem didn't occur, previously the effect appeared every 2nd or 3rd event. A crosscheck with the new track finder (PndMCIdealTrackFinderNewLinks) shows, that this still requires the mentioned modification by skipping GEM hits with more than one point.

Something I found earlier as well for the PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal algorithm but was not at my focus: the STT hits are not always assigned, even though they match quite nicely between MVD and GEM hits of a track. I attached a screenshot showing this on an example event (seems to happen every 2-3 events for my channel).

index.php?t=getfile&id=8389&private=0

The same event with PndMCIdealTrackFinderNewLinks looks fine.

About the Kalman filter: I still find some events where the genfit 1 propagation results in last track parameters with different charge sign (as the example in my first post), but the genfit 2 propagation is much better. All the events I looked at have a quite good match between ideal track and ideal track after Kalman.
Still, the question remains: why do we need a Kalman filter for ideal tracks?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:43]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pion Measurement Asymmetry in GEANT3
Next Topic: [FIXED] Problem with PndVertexFitter for particles with neutral charge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:13:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00969 seconds