GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Position calculations on start/stop scintillators
Re: Position calculations on start/stop scintillators [message #18210 is a reply to message #18209] Tue, 12 May 2015 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi Michael,

Sorry for not being precise in my previous post.

Yes, I meant the figure in your GSI report by "triple-like" structure.
index.php?t=getfile&id=8378&private=0

in fact, I just noticed with a larger view of the figure that there are four areas separated from each other. Why do you think that there is this kind of structure in this plot? Is this because of the beam structure, in such a way that there was a composition of several different type of ions in the secondary beam in the data you have analysed?

The plots I posted were from the ToFStart scintillator, and I used the code from your last post.

The thing is that I'm not able to use TPCs for the position determination, because somehow the time gates were not properly set (reported after the experiment by Stephane), and I don't have a good y-axis position information from them. Therefore, I'm trying to determine the positions from the ToFStart scintillator only.

Thanks,
Tayfun

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message