GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Update on the SciTil Detector
Update on the SciTil Detector [message #18185] Wed, 29 April 2015 16:01 Go to previous message
Dominik Steinschaden is currently offline  Dominik Steinschaden
continuous participant
Hallo everybody,

shortly i will commit some changes concerning the SciTil detector. Most of them are just minor changes of the internal structure which should allow us to perform updates more easily in the future and should not effect any other part of pandaroot. Nevertheless some of the changes may need some adaptions of your macros so please read the updates shortly

List of not so minor changes Razz :

1. Geometry
    IMPORTANT: One important point is, that after these update you also have to use a new geometry file for the SciTil detector

new geometry file: geometry/SciTil_201504.root

If you use the old geometry file, your simulation macro will still run, but no hits in the SciTil will be detected.

2. PndGeoHandling

PndGeoHandling class is now implemented in the SciTil.
    For every MCPoint or Hit an DetectorID is stored which contains the unique "shortID" of the detector volume provided by the PndGeoHandling.

3. Cleaned up the Code

I reduced the redundant functions and stored data in the SciTHit and SciTPoint class.
    All the data are still access able and still stored
    If you havn't access to any data you need please have a look in the respective headerfile. There you will find also a List of all accessing functions provided by the Fair Base Classes.

If any problem occurs please contact me so that i can fix it as soon as possible

Dominik Steinschaden

EDIT: code commited

[Updated on: Thu, 30 April 2015 11:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cleaning the MC sample with PndMcCloner
Next Topic: Access to MC information after the digitization stage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:13:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01023 seconds