GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » MHTDC of the AgataTime crate
Re: MHTDC of the AgataTime crate [message #17948 is a reply to message #17700] Thu, 26 February 2015 12:18 Go to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

I just figured out that the reference signal from the Sci4.1 standard scintillator comes to AGATATimeCrate MHTDC module has some kind of reflection.

I checked the correlation of this signal with the Sci4.1 signal at USER crate MHTDC, and got the following plot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=8295&private=0

Where the x-axis and y-axis are the Sci4.1 at the USER crate and the AGATA time crate MHTDCs, respectively.

I would expect to see one "sharp" diagonal line in the perfect conditions, because this is just a comparison of the same signal that come from different modules. But, the reflection-like structure is clearly seen along the y-axis, which represents the Sci4.1 signal at the AGATA time crate MHTDC.

For those who put the time condition on the MHTDC might be interested in this information.

With this motivation, I started to use the Sci4.1 reference from the USER crate to get particle-gamma times from the AGATA crate. I suppose the whole setup is synchronized, therefore, I don't think that the use of the signals from different modules would create any complication. But, of course, a more experienced person who has better knowledge on the setup would confirm or disprove my assumption, and this would be very appreciated.

Cheers,
Tayfun

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PSA-hit Energy
Next Topic: Positions.config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:33:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01004 seconds