GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » Vertex fitter(s) and B field setting in pandaroot release. (Vertex fitter)
Re: Vertex fitter(s) and B field setting in pandaroot release. [message #17863 is a reply to message #17862] Mon, 09 February 2015 10:43 Go to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano and Ralf,

thank you for your detailed information.

Of course, I think that the correct feature is to use the full B field map, and not to force it to 2 T (constant B field).
Actually this was not my idea: that line was in the tutorial analysis macro of some older trunk revisions, and I inherited in my analysis macro, when doing the upgrade of my trunk revision.
I discovered that in the most recent releases/trunk revisions, the line forcing the B field to be constant, is not any further (fortunately!). I used last summer for my simulations (rev 25375, if I am not mistaken), just because it was in the default setting. For some reasons, if now I comment it out, the vertex fitter(s) get crazy, in particular the 4C fitter. So, I assume that some more settings were changed, since last summer.

I'll try to run my analysis macro as in /macro/run/ana_complete.C (release oct14), and modify it according to my analysis, again. Then, if any trouble, I'll come back to this forum.

Thank you again, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Quick analysis tool
Next Topic: Using the 4C fit "outside the framework"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:16:12 CET 2024