GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » Vertex fitter(s) and B field setting in pandaroot release. (Vertex fitter)
Vertex fitter(s) and B field setting in pandaroot release. [message #17843] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:54 Go to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I found a tricky problem with the PndKinVtFitter, when I submitted my jobs to the Prometheus queues (I am using the release /oct14; but the same problem occured with /scrut14). What happens is that the chi2 values of the fit is always 0 (unreasonably) and the prob_chi2 is a plot not filled at all. Indeed, I never experienced this problem when running interactively my jobs, on my pc, in the same release. The problem, actually, is not the fitter; but the B field setting, which is different in /macro/run/ana*.C, compared to /macro/prod/prod_ana.C. In fact, when I run interactively my jobs for a test, using /macro/run/ana_complete.C, I see:

RhoCalculationTools::ForceConstantBz(20.0);

while in /macro/prod/prod_ana.C (the one that is suggested for a job submission to the queues), I see:

//---------------------Create and Set the Field(s)----------
PndMultiField *fField= new PndMultiField("FULL");
fRun->SetField(fField);

//RhoCalculationTools::ForceConstantBz(20.0);

Can anyobody explain why the B field setting is different in those 2 analysis macro, and what is the correct B field setting to use?

Other question: how/why the PndKinVtxFitter is affected from the B field setting change?

I found also that if I try to use the 4C fitter (e.g. PndKinFitter fitter(mylist[j]); fitter.Add4MomConstraint(ini) ; ), the chi2 and prob plots are filled, but with unreasonable values ( e.g. chi2 is always >10 0000; almost all entries of prob_chi2 are cented in 0) . This is something that I cannot understand. Any feedback is more than welcome!

One more thing: in /macro/prod/prod_sim.C, the B field setting is: "FULL"

PndMultiField *fField= new PndMultiField("FULL");
fRun->SetField(fField);

while in /macro/run/sim_complete.C, the B field setting is: "AUTO"
PndMultiField *fField= new PndMultiField("AUTO");
fRun->SetField(fField);

What is the official reccommendation for running analysis simulations?
Thank you in advance for your useful suggestions and help,

Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Quick analysis tool
Next Topic: Using the 4C fit "outside the framework"
Goto Forum: