GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Moving to Genfit2
Re: Moving to Genfit2 [message #17804 is a reply to message #17796] Sun, 25 January 2015 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hello Alicia,

in /development/genfit2 you can find a kind of trunk-rev of pandaroot (e.g., all packages, not only genfit) that were already modified in order to run with the new revision of genfit2. You could download in your home/directory/pandaroot folder this /development/genfit/ and start to work with that revision in your own /home/area. What is called "genfit", it is effectively "genfit2". I did not change the name, and I also tried to preserve all the function/method names as they are in the currect pandaroot release. Several changes are in. While the functinalities of the genfit interface (e.g., GenfitTools) have identical names to the past, the genfit2 classes have different names and dfferent meaning, compared to what was in genfit1. Those cannot be changed: it is in the standalone code. Just for example, you can have a look to the packages stt, mvd, lmd. For now, in the cmake list, the hyp pachages are taken out. After you do your modifications, you need to add in the cmake list of /development/genfit2/ your package names.

In my last talk at the coll meeting I put in comparison some differences between genfit and genfit2 (e.g., the equivalent name of classes, in genfit2, that you can use). Make sure, once you start your modifications in your /home/directory/pandaroot, that geane track rep is not used: genfit2 makes use of its own trackrep. I already did this substitution/replacement for other packages, namely stt, mv, lmd. You can have a look into those.

The only changes that I still did not commit in svn, but you would need, is the following: when running the reconstruction, please set up the number of iteration (for running the Kalman Filter) at least to 3, better 5. In this moment, by default it is set to 1. This is not enough. Once you set up this number to 3 or 5, it does not mean that the fitter will try to do always 3 or 5 iterations; it means that the maximum number of iteration will be what you set in the rec-macro. But if the fitter converges sooner, there is kind of "intellingent" algorithm that allows not to run though all the iterations that you set up; indeed, in case more iterations are needed, you set up a maximum limit for those. For sure, ths means: "more than 1".

The ideal track finder still gets some troubles. It is something which will be fixed once I come back to my office. For the time being, you can try with the real track finder: it looks working good.

In the next days, a genfit2 update will be provided in any case. New features and fixes related to energy loss part are available.
Let's keep in touch!

Elisabetta
If any question, please do not haesitate to contact me.
cheers, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message