GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » FRS Calibration Issue
Re: FRS Calibration Issue [message #17756 is a reply to message #17347] Wed, 14 January 2015 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mlcortes is currently offline  mlcortes
continuous participant
Hi Scott!

Sorry for the delay. I was so busy at some point and then I just forgot about the forum... Sad
So, let me try to put myself again in the point where you are:
You need to make a position calibration of Sc21 to avoid using the TPCs, right?
As far as I saw, you already have a calibration and you need to improve it. Is that correct?

Would it be ok for you to make a new post describing again the problem. This one is getting too long and is difficult to follow for me Razz
It would be good from the beggining to have the plot of Sc21 dt left-right vs TPC position zoomed around -20, 20 in the TPC axis. The one of Sc41, looks fine. Can you please make this 2 plots (dt left- right for both Scintillators vs position measured by the TPCs) for both one of your calibration runs and for one of your fragment settigns? It would be good to choose some setting at the end, so we check if the scintillators have any kind of reduction in performance.

Can you also attach a plot of calibrated ToF for your calibrations runs (if possible in the same plot) and for one of your fragment settings. Please, in this case leave the full range of the histogram. The repetitions in the plot for different AoQ may also come from a Tof issue.

Happy new year! Smile
Liliana

Li^2

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message