GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Howto for eventdisplay
Re: Howto for eventdisplay [message #17747 is a reply to message #17696] Tue, 13 January 2015 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
asanchez is currently offline  asanchez
first-grade participant
Hi, here there is a simple solution by using the macro, even if you still need to make use later of the Eve Main window.

so I suppose you are using as a reference the event display. C macro from trunk/macro/run

so after the line fMan->Init()

you should get rid of the TopVolume, which in this case is "cave"

TGeoVolume* top = gGeoManager->GetTopVolume();

then let's assume you have used emc fts ftof as detector volumes in your simulation.

That means, that if you only want to visualise the FTS, you should set the visibility
of the emc and ftof to zero.

first of all, since you have now a hierarchy of volumes inside the the Top Volume called "cave",
you should have first access to the single volumes you want to hide or make invisible.

For that you should know the name of the volume, that is the name which appears when you go to the menu
of Eve Main window, on the left upper part, the following structure looks like

window Manger
Viewers
Scenes
FairEventManger,

if you go to scenes->Geometry Scene -> cave_1->list of the volumes

take the name of the volume you want to hide as it appears there as string.

then,

TGeoNode* targ = top->FindNode("Realtop_0"); as example of the volume 1 I want to hide
TGeoNode* tg = top->FindNode("TargetComplex_0"); as example of the volume 2 I want to hide
targ->SetAllInvisible();
tg->SetAllInvisible();

then execute your macro as usual, you will see the Eve Main window again, with no changes apparently.
then go to scenes, Geometry Scene, cave_1, and click there.
below it appears the menu corresponding to the cave volume, as soon as you increase VisLevel, the volumes you have selected in the macro to be invisible
will disappear from the scene window.

I hope it works, unfortunately I have not found a better and direct way to do it.

bst regards

alicia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Track perpendicular to Strip/Pixel