GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » prespec data analysis package
Re: prespec data analysis package [message #17066 is a reply to message #17019] Sat, 19 July 2014 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the tips you gave.

I have already set the condition windows on the MHTDC channels before and went through again after your message, and they seem all fine.

I still don't understand why I cannot see a proper time correlation between the one from the MHTDC and the one from the PSA frames. They look like the follwoing images for all crystals:

index.php?t=getfile&id=7973&private=0

so the upper spectrum is the one from the psa frame and the other is from the MHTDC.

The FWHM of the prompt peak is around 14ns and the delayed component has a resolution of ~50 ns in case of the time information from the psa frame. The central sharp peak on the MHTDC spectrum has a 12 ns resolution. The structure on the both sides of this peak is not understood. They are due to the delayed-like components from each crystal, but also it is not understood why these components are on the left hand side for some of the crystals and why they are on the right side for the others.

May I ask you which time information do you use to put a time condition in order to supress the background in your analysis?

Thanks!
tayfun

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message