GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » [FIXED] PndTrkTracking2 statusflag array is not initialised (bug in tracking code)
Re: PndTrkTracking2 statusflag array is not initialised [message #16825 is a reply to message #16819] Tue, 24 June 2014 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
first-grade participant
Hi Alaa,
yes indeed statusflag was a "remnant" forgot in the code for historical reasons.

Please find a new version of
PndTrkTracking2.cxx
in the trunk.

Please let me know if you still have problems
cheers
Gianluigi

Alaa Dbeyssi wrote on Mon, 23 June 2014 17:07
Dear all,
I experienced some problems with the efficiency of full reconstruction using the HIMSTER cluster of MAINZ:
1-The efficiency for the single particle reconstruction (electron in the present case) is about 10 % smaller that what I obtained in my previous simulations on my personal PC.
2-This efficiency obtained on HIMSTER changes by repeating the reconstruction step and using the same input from the event generator and the digitisation.

I used the scrut14 version of PANDAROOT compiled april13 external package.

After some debating with Anastasia, we realised the difference in the efficiency comes from pattern recognition step. This problem was difficult to debug, since it appears only in simulation at HIMster and we could not provide any test macros for external debugging. Therefore we went more deeply in the PndTrkTracking2 code by ourselves.
Among many other arrays which are defined, but not initialised, there is one which called statusflag. The values of this array is used during track search procedure. But since it is not initialised one can observe random or unstable behaviour. We would like kindly ask developers have a look at the code and fix it, please. As a temporary solution we initialised elements of the array by value 1. But we are not sure if this solution is correct one, because we don't know exactly the meaning of this array in the code.

Best regards,
Alaa & Anastasia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: RhoError class in pandaroot
Next Topic: double tracks in offline Pattern Recognition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:27:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01278 seconds