GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » PndTracking2 - mvd and stt code with genfit2
Re: PndTracking2 - mvd and stt code with genfit2 [message #16668 is a reply to message #16665] Mon, 19 May 2014 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear Johannes,

first of all I thank you to answer to this email.

Yes, the fact that GF classes do not exist anymore is pretty clear at a first look, as well as the old classes with reasonable similar names in genfit_1 vs genfit_2, look working in different ways. Let's say: genfit is just the *traditional* name of what you are working on, but genfit2 is a complete different package for Kalman Filter, compared to genfit_1...

Up to now, I have troubles to create a svn account from here, as I mentioned to you in a private email a couple of times.

I do not get genfit2 compiling with the pandaroot mvd code, yet, inside pandaroot. I do not manage to have Rave* or GLB* classes running neither in the standalone version of genfit2; so, it had to be taken out for the time being from pandaroot: there are already to many incompatibility problems with this new tool, here. Better not to add more mess for the time being!
This is not only a problem of pandaroot. GLB and RAVE* are not working for me in the standalone version of genfit2, as mentioned 2 months ago, and I have no clue what to do in order to get those running (in the standalone version available that you pointed me some time ago).

What I managed to do 2 months ago, was getting pandaroot rev 24725 compiling with genfit2, but some detectors had to be commented out from the main pandaroot CMakeList.txt (mvd, dirc, lmd).
Then, I can run it inside pandaroot! But I wish to see it running wit hall panda detectors.

The mvd creates a crash even in compilation; the other detector packages are in conflict only when I try to digitize events, after simulating those.
I am in the process to debug what happens at the level of the mvd code, and why pandaroot does not compile. I realized that in one class of the mvd tools still GF*classes were included. However, I do expect, in such a case, that pandaroot would not work, but definitively it should compile.

There are several dependencies from other pandaroot packages, which I have to solve, yet. Then, the package GenfitTools, which transforms genfit_tracks to pnd_tracks, is going to be completely re-written, as there are not any more recohits in genfit2, but SpacePoints, SpaceMeasurements, or WireMeasurements, or PlanarMeasurement. This introduces, to my first approach, a level of complication more in this work.

This is the situation right now. I can send you the package, until I do not manage to get a svn account. This is the best I can do, in this moment.

As you are so kind to answer to my questions, then I would ask you again about the difference between the RKTrackRep in genfit1 vs genfit2, and why AbsTrackRep is not anymore in genfit. What shall I use instead? It is not clear to me. This is just one example of classes in the new genfit2 which I do not understand why/how they are written, as no documentation is available in this sense.

Thank you very much in advance because you showed the wish to cooperate with us.

cheers, Elisabetta

cheers, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message