GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Question about supported Linux distributions
Question about supported Linux distributions [message #16384] Mon, 21 April 2014 22:35 Go to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Hello all,

I am wondering about which Linux distributions are officially supported by PandaRoot or put differently: For which X can the following question be answered with "yes":

Quote:

If I install distribution X and run into a problem with PandaRoot or the external packages which is specific to distribution X can I expect that such problems will be solved by the computing community.

In my concrete case I think about moving to Linux Mint Debian 201403 which is based on the current testing branch "jessie" of Debian. Here I found the info that Debian seems to be supported quite well, however, all mentioned versions are older stable branches. The official Debian website even declares them obsolete at this point.

I have tried to find some official statement which distributions are supported and have found some general info in the Build Prerequisites and in the PandaRoot FAQ. The latter also mentions a page stating exactly which platforms are supported, but the link does not work and I was also not able to find such a page when I searched for it.

Kind regards,
Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Warning in FairPrimaryGenerator
Next Topic: Time based simulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:48:53 CEST 2024