GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » [FIXED] Bug in PndFts/SttMvdGemTrackingIdeal ?
Re: Bug in PndFts/SttMvdGemTrackingIdeal ? [message #15512 is a reply to message #15508] Thu, 19 September 2013 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Stefano Spataro wrote on Thu, 19 September 2013 17:24

Maybe it would be good also to exclude, in low momentum particles, the tracks bent by the dipole and going forward again, since they create strange artifacts maybe not easy to fit, impossible to reconstruct I believe.

Hello Stefano,

do you mean by that tracks which are bent in the dipole so much that they turn around and fly towards the barrel again (and therefore leave additional hits in the FTS)? If these events cause problems with the fitter, I will remove such tracks at the end of the loop on FTS hits. I plan to check all (MC truth) time-ordered FTS hits associated to a given PndTrackCand and check if the z-component is increasing. If not, I will remove the PndTrackCand.

Tobias Stockmanns wrote on Thu, 19 September 2013 17:37

I still wonder why the FairLinks are not used for this purpose. They would allow to solve this problem in a much more elegant way and this task is exactly what they are build for.

Hello Tobias,

I will try to move the implementation of PndFtsTrackerIdeal to FairLinks. Can you recommend a task which I can use as an example? Is it a good idea to start looking at PndTrackingQualityAnalysis?

Kind regards,
Martin

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message