GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » GSI Forum » Forum Feature Requests/General Discussion » How about “Software Development” forum?
Re: How about “Software Development” forum? [message #1538 is a reply to message #1537] Sun, 27 March 2005 15:35 Go to previous message
Anar Manafov is currently offline  Anar Manafov
continuous participant

Walter F.J. Müller wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 15:11

Anar Manafov wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 19:19

I believe this is better than create separate C++, Perl, C#, Pascal, lisp, Java... forum(s).
I just don’t see the reason to keep splinted (for each language) forum(s) when there are only few post in it. On the other hand we can have one connection point for the general “Software Development” discussions, including everything related... and if the number of post will be enough to split we do so. It is easier from the point of users, and looks not messy and ordered, IMHO.

My attitude is: It is easy to splitt as well merge topics as well a forums. So lets see how things proceed and where a real discussion develops, and if need arises, react and reorganize. After all, much of the work in scientific computing is based on C++ right now, by far most of our simulation and analysis is currently done in C++, so starting with C++ seems prudent too.

I agree to you on “C++ forum”, so it is worth to keep it separately, but how about general stuff?
So, now any general development topic goes to GSI C++ forum, right?
(Even if it is related to algorithms or to Java, for instance)

Not so elegant I would say. Sad

1 horsepower = 745.699872 Watts

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2.6.6. Login procedure - Defaults and Checks
Next Topic: pdf export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:47:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01062 seconds