GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » [CLOSED] Wrong particle in FillList
Re: Wrong particle in FillList [message #15149 is a reply to message #15044] Thu, 08 August 2013 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Hi Klaus,

first of all, of course we know that you and Ralf are working hard on the rho update and that it takes time. But changing back and forth between release and trunk for us and our macros just brings too many problems. More problems than benefit.

About the talk, please don't worry. This is an official talk assigned by the speaker's board. Volker Metag is the assigned referee. We will have the rehearsal a few days before the talk and follow Volker's advice and decision what to show and what not.

The plan is the following.

1.) Any of the results in this talk will be attached with a personal name of the student (or me) who did the analysis.
And this is the only time that the results will be shown.
The results will not be open for more talks, so there is no danger that they would be shown by someone not being able to report exactly what has been done, and what not. This means that e.g. they will not be shown at PHIPSI'13, MENU'13 or HADRON'13.

2.) We will be only using the apr13 release, so it is (hopefully) safe. And only results which are consistent with resolution published before in the physics book will be shown. The momentum resolution is anyway much larger than other experiments because of the high fixed target boost, so the invariant mass resolution is maybe not the issue and safe to show.

3.) But I agree with you. If it is really the case that we can not evaluate any reconstruction efficiency (because MCTruth is not propagated into the rho TCandidates) then we cannot show. I would only show invariant mass resolutions then.

4.) I didn't know that talks have the requirements of additional analysis documents. There was no information so far from the speakers board. Can you maybe send around the analysis documents of the last few talks at conferences? I can of course provide a draft of an analysis document. 50% of the talk is results which anyway have been shown at Panda meetings before (X(3872) resonance scan or h_c' recoil mass results - now improved by Simon - in my talk December 2012). But an example of an analysis document would be nice.

cheers, Soeren

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message