GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » [CLOSED] Wrong particle in FillList
Re: Wrong particle in FillList [message #15147 is a reply to message #15143] Thu, 08 August 2013 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Sören,

I also like to give comments to some of your points.

I fully agree to 1) and 2), that there should be some stable and reliable environment, which is well defined. However, at the moment we had some significant restructuring fully absorbing the tiny manpower dedicated to analysis tools. Many bugs are showing up now, when people seriously start using the tools, which is very nice and welcome! But you cannot expect software to be bugfree, when only a small number of people try to use it at all, even if now it's suddenly very urgent that everything works flawless...

Concerning 4), you might have misunderstood my suggestion for a workaround. I reported, that I also encountered a strange error once in 20000 events. Thus when catching this one flawed pointer by hand it worked for the rest of the events. Therefore I suggested to try, whether it is just this one occasion but putting that 'dirty fix'. I of course agree, that we have to identify the bug and put a real fix.

What suprises me is, that you are aiming to show results for the first time in three weeks from now on a international workshop, which in principle have to be accepted by the publication committee and/or speakers board. According to our publication rules, a detailed analysis document has to be prepared and it has to be presented in a session open to all collaboration members, also for MC analyses. I know, that in the past things were handled quite relaxed, but with new results we really should be very careful. I hope you agree...

So, to summarize: We are working on the stuff to make it more stable, and surely some fixes will be done in apr13 until a new release is created with the restructured rho package. But it simply takes time, and we are just a few people.

Best regards,
Klaus

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message